From Srini V <vgener...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: [Vote] Apache Lucene.Net 4.8.0-beta00001
Date Sat, 06 May 2017 01:20:19 GMT
+1.  I agree with Daniel said. Very much appreciated. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 5, 2017, at 20:04, Roethinger, Alexander <aroethinger@affili.net> wrote:
>
> I can only agree to what Daniel said.
> Really great work and very much appreciated!
> So +1 from me as well.
>
> Alexander
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

I've been following your journey for the last few years, and I applaud to great work done.

> Daniel
>

> Sent from my Windows 10 phone

fixable as we go through beta with the community.

> I don't think ChineseAnalyzer needs to be done in this beta either. We *should* release
another beta with changes.txt, and the other fixes. ChineseAnalyzer can be included in the
next beta as well as other issues seen by the community.

> I'd say fix 3, and I'll +1 a vote (72 hours). Between the 72hr period and and the fix,
Itamar probably has his week, and unless he find's a huge issue, we can always address it
in beta (sorry Itamar, I don't think we have to wait for your review).

> My $.02.
>
> ~P

if done, is something that should be done now, not after the first beta). Note this is an
"extra" package that doesn't exist in Java. Its purpose is to remove the icu.net dependency
(that is a PITA and doesn't yet have official .NET Core support) from the more popular packages
Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common and Lucene.Net.Highlighter.
> 4. The Spatial4n.Core and (unreleased) Spatial4n.Core.NTS packages depend on .NET Standard
1.6.1, but Lucene.Net depends on .NET Standard 1.6.0. This causes a non-fatal dependency warning.
But we need to update all 3 of the Spatial4n.Core, Spatial4n.Core.NTS, and Lucene.Net.Spatial
to fix it.

> Of course, none of this is absolutely critical for the release. Opinions on whether we
should hold up to address these issues (I know this isn't the "official" vote...just a question)?

> Itamar, I noticed you assigned yourself to the ChineseAnalyzer task. Is that something
you want to complete before the first beta? Bear in mind that we will probably need to release
fairly frequently at first as bug reports come in and are addressed.

> Also, you mentioned "over the next week or so" for the review. Not opposed to waiting
for you to do your thing, but I am just trying to ensure we reserve all of the NuGet package
IDs before any of the other ones are snagged. I suppose I could upload some dummy packages
to ensure it doesn't happen again...

> The main purposes of the beta release on NuGet will be:
>
> 1. To get feedback and bug reports
> 2. To make [more of] the public aware that we are now in beta 3. To recruit more help
for completion/optimization/stabilization