From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Unauthorized 4.9.0 package (was Re: Regarding Lucene.net 4.9 vs 4.8 beta)
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2017 16:53:08 GMT
Ah yeah, I see what you're saying. Updated below. What's appropriate wait time 72 hours?

User pnasser <prescott.nasser@hotmail.com> sends the following message to the owners
of Package 'Lucene.Net.Core'.
Hey Ferronrsmith -
Prescott again, slightly bigger issue than we first realized.
This problem goes beyond just the fact that it is an unofficial package. For the Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common
package, the user is now using the package ID of the package: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common/.
Basically, unless there is a way to rectify this, we cannot upload a package with the "official"
ID "Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common" because the ID must be unique on NuGet.
Unfortunately in this case, the only solutions I'm aware of are to ask you to either turn
the package over to the Apache Lucene.Net group or contact the admins at NuGet to see if we
can have them remove or rename your package.
Thanks, ~Prescott

-----Original Message-----
From: Shad Storhaug [mailto:shad@shadstorhaug.com]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2017 9:43 AM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: RE: Unauthorized 4.9.0 package (was Re: Regarding Lucene.net 4.9 vs 4.8 beta)

Prescott,

This problem goes beyond just the fact that it is an unofficial package. For the Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common
package, the user is now using the package ID of the package: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common/.
Basically, unless there is a way to rectify this, we cannot upload a package with the "official"
ID "Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common" because the ID must be unique on NuGet. Either we will need
to have him turn over ownership of that package, or contact the admins of NuGet to see if
there is a way to have it removed - it certainly doesn't make sense for us to rename the package
because we want it to be the same as Lucene's package name.

Yet another blocking issue for the release...

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)