From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Unauthorized 4.9.0 package (was Re: Regarding Lucene.net 4.9 vs 4.8 beta)
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2017 16:08:36 GMT
I'll reach out to Ferronrsmith vis the nuget.org contact system. I'll keep you guys posted

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2017 8:24 AM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: Unauthorized 4.9.0 package (was Re: Regarding Lucene.net 4.9 vs 4.8 beta)

On 2017-04-28, Shad Storhaug wrote:

> Apparently, someone released an unofficial Lucene.Net clone on NuGet (and has incremented
it to 4.9.0), but is masquerading it as an official version (calling it "Apache Lucene.Net"
and putting  "The Apache Software Foundation" (https://www.myget.org/gallery/lucene-net-ci).
This doesn't sound like something that Apache would approve of, so I am bringing it to your
attention. It is certainly going to cause confusion among users.

Ouch.

For reference: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Lucene.Net.Core/

The PMC needs to reach out to whoever did so and tell them it is not acceptable and they need
to label their packages properly. Most likely this has happenen with the best intententions
and can be rectified. Does anybody know "ferronrsmith"?

Stefan