From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Unauthorized 4.9.0 package (was Re: Regarding Lucene.net 4.9 vs 4.8 beta)
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2017 15:23:50 GMT
On 2017-04-28, Shad Storhaug wrote:

> Apparently, someone released an unofficial Lucene.Net clone on NuGet (and has incremented
it to 4.9.0), but is masquerading it as an official version (calling it "Apache Lucene.Net"
and putting  "The Apache Software Foundation" (https://www.myget.org/gallery/lucene-net-ci).
This doesn't sound like something that Apache would approve of, so I am bringing it to your
attention. It is certainly going to cause confusion among users.

Ouch.

For reference: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Lucene.Net.Core/

The PMC needs to reach out to whoever did so and tell them it is not
acceptable and they need to label their packages properly. Most likely
this has happenen with the best intententions and can be rectified. Does
anybody know "ferronrsmith"?

Stefan