From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JIRA Issue Tracker - Needs Updates
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2017 16:10:27 GMT
On 2017-04-23, Shad Storhaug wrote:

> Stefan,

>>> Just wondering if someone could either update JIRA or give me
>>> permission to update it.

>> I've granted you Committer access, let me know whether this is enough to make the
changes you need to apply.

> I am still not seeing any way to edit Versions or Components in the
> control panel.

While I'm trying to figure things out, maybe you can tell me what I
should create. This may be faster :-)

>>> We are ready to push the BETA to NuGet and we really should have the
>>> issue tracker optimized to track bugs...

>> This really sounds like something that could use a release vote ...

> As for the vote, do note we have already had a discussion about this
> (https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@lucenenet.apache.org/msg02830.html),
> it has just taken awhile to come to fruition.

I'm old (ask my children :-) and my memory is often failing me.

What I was talking about is the good old Apache release vote[1] and I
don't see the thread of last September touching on it.

When we provide a release as Apache Lucene.NET - and it doesn't matter
whether we call it an alpha, beta or final release - to the general
public the PMC must vote an the actual release artifacts. Not just on
the intent of creating them.

> I think we should announce the new CI feed (below) and see if there
> are any issues first before going to NuGet.

Automated builds that go to the MyGet are fine as long as we label them
developer snapshots and don't recommend them to the general public. We
are relly walking a fine line here.

Before you get me wrong, I really don't want t stop any momentum and am
glad we are as close to a release as we are now. There are just a few
rules that we need to adhere to, and all it is going to cost us is a
formal vote that will run for about three days.

Stefan

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html