From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject RE: Lucene.Net for .Net Core
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2017 19:53:43 GMT
Anthony,

The project hasn't "disappeared", the Lucene.Net.Core directory had to be renamed to Lucene.Net
to work around a bug in the preview 2 .NET Core SDK (which doesn't allow the NuGet package
generated to be different from the folder it is in) and, of course, we want to keep the same
NuGet package name as 3.0.3.

Actually, that project is the "Core" of Lucene.Net, not to support .NET Core. The .NET Core
support has now been merged into the master branch, and we are now working on releasing it.

In the meantime, there is a new CI feed that was setup because the previous versioning scheme
chosen wasn't compatible with .NET Core. So we had to revert to a new (lower) version range.
You can access the packages at https://www.myget.org/gallery/lucene-net-ci, and they now support
.NET Standard 1.5.

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Gatlin [mailto:anthony.gatlin@happycatfish.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 2:37 AM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: Lucene.Net for .Net Core

I am very interested in using Lucene.Net for a .Net Core project we currently have under development.

I have somewhat been following a conversion project at https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/tree/master/src/Lucene.Net.Core.
The project had minimal actively over the past several months and seemed to have stalled.
As of of today, the project has disappeared entirely.

I would simply like to understand what progress has been made toward or what efforts are underway
to release a .Net Core compatible version of Lucene.Net. I am also very interested in any
realistic estimate as to when this might be available--even in a minimally stable Alpha version.

Thank you so much for any guidance you can provide!

Anthony