From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject RE: JIRA Issue Tracker - Needs Updates
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2017 16:46:16 GMT
> There are just a few rules that we need to adhere to, and all it is going to cost us is
a formal vote that will run for about three days.

No problem. So, yes it would appear we need a release vote.

I take it I need to supply the binaries (NuGet packages) and Itamar will prepare them before
the vote? If so, another question...

We have one package that depends on icu-dotnet, which still has no official support for .NET
Core. Connie has recently made a PR to resolve that, which is currently being worked on. Basically,
the dependency for Lucene.Net.Icu is missing on NuGet - the reason why the project compiles
is because there is a temporary package on MyGet. Being that this package is not likely to
be used by many people, it seems silly to hold up the release for this issue. We can just
provide release notes with instructions on how to get the dependency from MyGet (or alternatively
don't upload it to MyGet until the issue is resolved). But what happens if icu-dotnet for
.NET Core is released after the packages are created and before they are approved?

FYI - I have setup the build process to append the short Git commit hash to the AssemblyInformationalVersion.
While I did that mainly to correlate the CI builds to a commit without tagging every build,
it seems it would also come in handy if there is a delay between when the binary is generated
and when the tag is applied to the repository.

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)