From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject RE: All builds failing on TeamCity
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2016 12:45:39 GMT
Itamar,

It is a dependency of a couple of classes in QueryParser.Xml. I only ported 5 of the classes
in Lucene.Net.Sandbox and their tests (which actually account for about 50% of it) - I didn't
do any more because you said it wasn't important (and most of it was marked deprecated and/or
recommended to use other functionality anyway).

The DuplicateFilter (https://github.com/NightOwl888/lucenenet/blob/queryparser-xml/src/Lucene.Net.Sandbox/Queries/DuplicateFilter.cs),
FuzzyLikeThisQuery (https://github.com/NightOwl888/lucenenet/blob/queryparser-xml/src/Lucene.Net.Sandbox/Queries/FuzzyLikeThisQuery.cs)
and SortedSetSortField (https://github.com/NightOwl888/lucenenet/blob/queryparser-xml/src/Lucene.Net.Sandbox/Queries/SortedSetSortField.cs)
sound like they could be useful.

Anyway, I already had it ported when I thought of possibly removing it to avoid the extra
QueryParser dependency. It seemed like a wash (in terms of the amount of work) just to finish
it up than to remove it and throw it away. And it also didn't seem right to move these classes
into QueryParser, since they appear to be generally useful in other contexts. If we want to
find a new home for them, it seems the most appropriate place would be in Lucene.Net.Queries
(which QueryParser.Xml also depends on).

Basically, if saving work is the goal, we should leave them where they are. If removing the
dependency is the goal, then we should probably find a new home for these classes rather than
discard them.

BTW - Could you make me owner of the Spatial4n.Core.NTS NuGet package (https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spatial4n.Core.NTS/)
so I can also push that one to NuGet?

Thanks,