From Wyatt Barnett <wyatt.barn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: nuget.org and 4.8
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 02:51:35 GMT
Good questions, here are my thoughts on some answers:

I concur getting out on nuget probably makes sense at this point.

Good point on version numbering. The way we are wired right now everything
descends from a specific source control build so, if release does not
involve any source control changes, it could be the same build number. So
4.8.0.687-beta and 4.8.0.687 would be identical builds for us.

It looks like the metadata is coming out of the AssemblyInfo.cs files in
each project, we should be able to flesh that out a bit there.

The way we push to myget is based on a nightly build -- whenever master is
updated it will pick up the changes, run all the tests and push the
artifacts to nuget. We could just repoint this at nuget if we wanted. For
non-beta releases I think that nuget pushes should certainly be a manual
step.

Currently all of the builds happen in our teamcity server at
https://teamcity.jetbrains.com/project.html?projectId=LuceneNet&tab=projectOverview
<https://teamcity.jetbrains.com>. We don't have much of a build script
going on outside of that, but that is very scripted and repeatable.

Thanks for all the hard work getting the code ready enough to have this
discussion.