From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject RE: ICU4NET 64bit?
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 15:04:46 GMT
Alexander,

Actually, Connie Yau from Microsoft is working on porting to .NET core, and one of the things
that is happening is that she is switching the dependency from ICU4NET to icu.net.

https://github.com/sillsdev/icu-dotnet
https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/191

So at this point, making changes to ICU4NET is moot. However, I am not sure what that means
in terms of 64 bit compatibility. Both of these packages are just wrappers around the ICU4C
library.

Connie, perhaps you can share what you know? If Alexander is willing to update that package
to work with 64 bit (and fix the issues with auto-loading), that would be great.

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)

From: Roethinger, Alexander [mailto:aroethinger@affili.net]
Sent: Thursday, November 3, 2016 9:37 PM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: ICU4NET 64bit?

Dear Devs,

can anyone point me to the source-code (if available) for the
"ICU4NET packaged together with ICU4C 55.1 32-bit release"
package available on Nuget and provided by Laimonas Simutis?

Or is this the same code as in
"Simple wrapper for ICU4C (http://site.icu-project.org/)."
https://github.com/niaher/icu4net
?

I would like to build a 64bit (resp. AnyCPU) version using the 64bit DLLs available at ICU-Homepage.
I believe Laimonas had mentioned in a post that he apparently had already successfully tested
a 64bit version.

Are there plans to provide 64bit support for ICU4NET?
(I know there's a discussion going regarding the dependency on ICU4NET)

Thanks
Alexander