From "Roethinger, Alexander" <aroethin...@affili.net>
Subject AW: ICU4NET 64bit?
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 07:53:59 GMT
Good morming!

I can confirm that this is an issue. Spent two hours the other night trying to deploy my solution
on a Windows Server 2012 VM to no avail. I kept on getting the known Assembly-Loading exceptions
despite setting PATH variable or copying the native DLLs to the Windows directory.

Forking Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common in order to manually remove the Thai-Analyzer and Wordbreaker
is not an option as it defies the advantage of your release packages as well as other compilation
issues.

I finally ended up simply removing the assembly references to ICU4NET and ICU4NET.Extensions
from my projects that use Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common and voila, the code still runs and I
could deploy without needing the native DLLs.

While I know that my application would crash if I were to access the Thai analyzer, since
I'm not using it, it seemed safe to proceed that way.

In any case it would be great to get rid of ICU4NET dependency, either by moving the Thai-Analyzer
and WordBreaker to a separate assembly (which only solves the problem partially) or some true
CLR alternative.

Cheers
Alexander

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----