From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject RE: [NuGet Gallery] Message for owners of the package 'Lucene.Net'
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2016 08:42:09 GMT
Hi Alex,

We have had similar reports of certain environments not being able to deal with ICU4NET. Basically,
to fix this right we need to port over the BreakIterator, RuleBasedCollator, and dependencies
from the JDK. As a shortcut ICU4NET (which has a working BreakIterator) was referenced to
try to avoid some of this extra porting work. However, it is clear now that this solution
isn't going to work for the long term.

We are considering options - and one option is to just remove Analysis.Th and the SegmentingTokenizerBase
from Analysis.Common and putting Thai support into its own NuGet package, since those are
the only parts of Analysis.Common that actually depend on ICU4NET.

So for the time being the known options you have to resolve this are:

1. Remove the Analysis.Common reference from your project if it is not absolutely required.
2. Fork the project and make your own Analysis.Common build that doesn't include Analysis.Th,
Analysis.Util.SegmentingTokenizerBase, or the reference to ICU4NET.
3. Help us out by porting over the BreakIterator from the JDK, which will resolve the issue
permanently (and consider porting the related Collator classes which have common dependencies
to BreakIterator). Do note we will also need BreakIterator for Lucene.Net.Highlighter (which
affects more than just Thai support).
4. Wait for us to port BreakIterator or come up with an alternative solution (which might
take some time to do).

There might be other options - you might also want query Google about using ICU4NET in an
IIS hosted application, or perhaps something more general about having a dependency with ICU4NET's
particular architecture (not sure what that is, exactly).

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)