From Christopher Haws <cri...@gmail.com>
Subject Collation
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2016 19:30:29 GMT
@NightOwl888

No problem. I had a pretty busy week at work so I wasn't able to work on it
during the week. I came to the same conclusions as you regarding
CompareInfo, SortKey, and CultureInfo being .NET's closest equivalent to
Java's Collation and Locale classes.

Something that I did find while looking through the dev mailing list is
that Connie Yau, from Microsoft, has replaced ICU4NET with icu-dotnet in
their port to .NET Core.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucenenet-dev/201605.mbox/%3CCY1PR0301MB0761AE82FE1401AD03CB36E4B84B0%40CY1PR0301MB0761.namprd03.prod.outlook.com%3E

https://github.com/conniey/lucenenet

Is this something that we should wait for so that the migration of the
Collation namespace is a more direct port, or should we go ahead with
trying to use the .NET classes? I just want to make sure that we are not
changing the internal workings of these classes so much that they don't
work the same as their Java counterparts. The piece that I kept getting
hung up on was the RuleBasedCollator which icu-dotnet has a direct port of
(along with Collator and Locale).

icu-dotnet: https://github.com/sillsdev/icu-dotnet

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!