From Wyatt Barnett <wyatt.barn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene.NET to .NET Core
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2016 01:21:29 GMT
Sure thing Itamar.

Any PR will build automatically the way we are setup. The key is the github
pull request ID -- 172 in this case. Heading on down to our teamcity
project at http://teamcity.codebetter.com/project.html?projectId=LuceneNet
clicking
on any of the blue 172s will get the build for that segment of that branch.
Note that projects unaffected by your changes will not have the branch so
don't be alarmed if you don't see builds in Lucene.Net.Analysis for example.

A direct link to the core build for this PR is
http://teamcity.codebetter.com/viewType.html?buildTypeId=LuceneNet_Core&branch_LuceneNet=172&tab=buildTypeStatusDiv

Let me know if you've got further questions.

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 5:51 PM Itamar Syn-Hershko <itamar@code972.com>
wrote:

> I reviewed your PR - looks mostly good, left a few comments there.
>
> Wyatt - can you help Connie with running her branch on the CI?
>
> WRT the usage of a seed - yes, we would want to support this, but that's
> not a trivial task because we need to integrate with the test runner and
> get a seed from the randomized runner. This is something we will tackle
> later.
>
> --
>
> Itamar Syn-Hershko
> Freelance Developer & Consultant
> Lucene.NET committer and PMC member
>
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 7:37 PM, Connie Yau <conniey@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > I've taken a first step in creating a PR to limit the use of static
> > variables/methods so that they can be used asynchronously and in parallel
> > when we transition to xUnit.
> https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/172
> >
> > My next PR would be to actually use xUnit in the LuceneTestCases. I have
> > branch almost ready.  Would I be able to work with someone to make sure
> > these work in master in your CI builds? Or should Ikeep the changes to
> > xUnit in Lucene.NET Core branch?
> >

> > I had a hard time comparing my test results from the existing master
> > branch to my changes because of the use of static new Random() in
> > LuceneTestCase.  Eventually I had to use a seed to get consistent
> results.
> > Are there any plans to use a seed? I noticed there was a TODO here
> (_random
> > = new Random(/* LUCENENET TODO seed */)).
> >

> > Thanks!
> >
> > Connie
> >

> > Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>
> >
> > ________________________________

this

<

> possible,
 The bigger
> fixture

> Core
> > > RC2.
> so

 I've

Connie's

Lots of
> good

From
> job?
> > > > > > > >

> https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/tree/master/src/Lucene.Net.T
etc that

PR
> -
Great

<

Lucene.NET
> use
> the
NUnitLite.

> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3a%
> %2fdocs%2fgetting-started-desktop.html&data=01%7c0
> %7c443f03152dfd451ebb1c08d380b51eba
> > > > > > > > >
> f86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=2orwADQfb%2fkpCykXkySekB
> > > > > > > > >
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3a%
> %2fdocs%2fgetting-started-dotnet-core.html&data=01
> %7c443f03152dfd451ebb1c08d380b5
> > > > > > > > >
> 988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=UGKx5nz6%2foaV2vt2LQ
> > > > > > > > >
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3a%
> %2fdocs%2fgetting-test-results-in-teamcity.html&da
> %7c443f03152dfd451ebb1c08d
> > > > > > > > >
> 7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=an0p3MTPFYe24wQ
> > > > > > > > >
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3a%
> %2fdocs%2fgetting-started-dotnet-core.html%23run-t
> %7c443f03152dfd4
> > > > > > > > >
> 380b51eba%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=BN%2f

> curious.

> completed
> > in

> > > https://github.com/conniey/lucenenet/tree/move2dnx.