From Connie Yau <conn...@microsoft.com>
Subject Changing Thread management to Tasks
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 22:15:41 GMT
Hi,

I've been working on trying to move Lucene.NET to .NET Core and one of the issues I am having
is migrating ConcurrentMergeScheduler and Threads.  I want to replace the ConcurrentMergeScheduler
with the default TaskScheduler and Threads with Tasks. However, I noticed that there is a
lot of logic to alter merges based on the priority of their threads, etc.

*         What is the reason we manage priority threads?

o   If the default TaskScheduler is not sufficient, there is a QueuedTaskScheduler<https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Samples-for-Parallel-b4b76364/sourcecode?fileId=44488&pathId=462437453>
that manages priority

Thanks,
Connie