lucenenet-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)" <aye...@ayende.com>
Subject Re: Changing Thread management to Tasks
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 20:51:09 GMT
See here:
https://lucenenet.apache.org/docs/3.0.3/dc/dd1/_concurrent_merge_scheduler_8cs_source.html

We had to write this:

https://github.com/ayende/ravendb/blob/master/Raven.Database/Indexing/ErrorLoggingConcurrentMergeScheduler.cs


*Hibernating Rhinos Ltd  *

Oren Eini* l CEO l *Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 *l *Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811



On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 10:30 PM, Connie Yau <conniey@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi Oren,
>
> Thanks for letting me know about this! When you say "default merge
> scheduler", do you mean ConcurrentMergeScheduler? Would you be able to tell
> me about a scenario where the default merge scheduler would leak
> exceptions? Also, are there a set of unit tests that test this?
>
> Thanks,
> Connie
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien) [mailto:ayende@ayende.com]
> Sent: Monday, April 4, 2016 10:58 PM
> To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
> Cc: Daniel Plaisted <daplaist@microsoft.com>
> Subject: Re: Changing Thread management to Tasks
>
> Please note, one of the things that we had to do with this is to make sure
> that this doesn't leak exceptions.
> The default merge scheduler is known to leak exceptions to the thread,
> killing the process. Need to be sure to handle this
>
> *Hibernating Rhinos Ltd  *
>
> Oren Eini* l CEO l *Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969
>
> Office: +972-4-622-7811 *l *Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811
>
>
>
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 1:15 AM, Connie Yau <conniey@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been working on trying to move
> > https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=Lucene.NET&data=01%
> > 7c01%7cconniey%40microsoft.com%7c574774f60d874dcc43da08d35d174289%7c72
> > f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=lcp54tq4j93yifdy8sWFmDNS2OiYZ
> > MGl5EDtRcJJ%2bzU%3d to .NET Core and one of the issues I am having is
> migrating ConcurrentMergeScheduler and Threads.  I want to replace the
> ConcurrentMergeScheduler with the default TaskScheduler and Threads with
> Tasks. However, I noticed that there is a lot of logic to alter merges
> based on the priority of their threads, etc.
> >
> > *         What is the reason we manage priority threads?
> >
> > o   If the default TaskScheduler is not sufficient, there is a
> > QueuedTaskScheduler<
> > https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3a%2f%2fcode.
> > msdn.microsoft.com%2fSamples-for-Parallel-b4b76364%2fsourcecode%3ffile
> > Id%3d44488%26pathId%3d462437453&data=01%7c01%7cconniey%40microsoft.com
> > %7c574774f60d874dcc43da08d35d174289%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47
> > %7c1&sdata=%2bqPmfU%2fxQ0hSPSpBWKMJYTkBCkkkOMh1PQ1j7kjwlDA%3d>
> > that manages priority
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Connie
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message