From Connie Yau <conn...@microsoft.com>
Subject Moving Lucene.NET to .NET Core
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2016 23:45:56 GMT
Hi all,

Our team is working to make Lucene.NET run on .NET Core and was wondering if anyone else was
working on this or would it be alright if we started this effort?

Also, I was hoping that someone could answer a few questions I have about this project:

1.       What branch should we be basing our effort on?

*         In Community<http://lucenenet.apache.org/community.html>, the documentation
says "Most work currently happens on the branch named branch_4x<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucenenet.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/branch_4x>."
but it looks like the latest commits are in `master`

2.       How do we build this project?

*         I read Build System & Scripts<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=27824229>
but there doesn't appear to be a build.cmd in the repository<https://github.com/apache/lucenenet>

3.       What is the expected release date for Lucene.NET v4.8?

4.       Regarding pull requests, is the preference for incremental changes (ie. Updating
a set of APIs from one to another) or to have a large pull request (ie. Moving to run on .NET
Core with all the associated project/code changes)?

Thanks!
Connie Yau