From Itamar Syn-Hershko <ita...@code972.com>
Subject Re: Moving Lucene.NET to .NET Core
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2016 11:09:48 GMT
Hi Connie,

That's great news, thanks!

Please base your work on the master branch here:
https://github.com/apache/lucenenet. We will fix the wording on the
website, thanks for noticing.

Building via Lucene.NET.sln should work - can you let us know if it doesn't?

With regards to release dates and priorities - we currently don't have any
ETA since development is currently going on very slowly. The plan was to
finish fixing the last of the failing tests in Lucene.NET Core, complete
porting the major subprojects (e.g. Analysis) with tests, and then approach
compiling on .NET Core. Can you help us progress based on this roadmap, or
are your resources limited to compiling on .NET Core?

As for PRs - do you have an estimation of the amount / scope of changes
required? is the result going to be another project or the same codebase
compiling on .NET Core?

Thanks again for joining us in this effort!

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant