From Arkadiusz Palinski <a...@ravendb.net>
Subject 4,.8 work
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 11:27:34 GMT
Hello group,

I'm opening another thread for that even though I'm aware of an already
existing one treating about the same subject, but I have no idea how to
join that conversation once I've just subscribed to dev mailing list
(sorry).

I'm a contributor of RavenDB project, which as you probably know uses
Lucene.Net for its indexing feature under the hood. Currently we are
working on the next version of our product which is supposed to work on
CoreCLR. We need to have indexing working there and would like still use
Lucene.Net for that. We are investigating an option to get Lucene.Net 3.0.3
working on CoreCLR and incorporate it for now, however we are interested in
getting involved into contributing 4.8 version to close it and next move it
to the CoreCLR as a final solution.

I made a quick investigation yesterday (I'm not familiar with Lucene.Net
codebase, so far I just took advantage of it) and noticed a few things
which looks missing / not working to me. Below there are my concerns. Would
be great if someone could tell me a bit more on that.

1) What is the most missing and unported part of the project - analyzers? I
saw there isn't any and read that is the most blocking stuff
2) QueryParser class - I couldn't find it, however the comment in Java code
says that it's a generated class
3) I tried to run all tests however I usually ended in hanging tests
runners (I tried Resharper and NUnit tool) mostly the ones which have
timeouts defined (didn't fail even if they exceeded the specified timeout).

Would be great to have some guidelines and list of things that needs to be
done on the bugtracker.

Regards,
Arek