From Simon Svensson <si...@devhost.se>
Subject Re: Board report - updates
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 18:49:17 GMT
Hi,

I'm was running all non-ignored tests from the Lucene.Net.Tests assembly
which included the long-running ones. For those reading; add
"LongRunningTest" to Resharper > Options... > Unit Testing > Skip tests
from categories.

I'm now down to less than 6 minutes.

Anyhow, I'm getting several culture-related failures, some obvious ones
in TestSort (TestDouble* and TestFloat*). One way to fix these would be
to modify the FieldCache+AnonymousDoubleParser to use the correct
overload of Double.Parse; but I get some feeling deep down that it's a
bad solution, mostly because we do what Java does.

Java:
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/lucene_solr_4_8_0/lucene/core/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/FieldCache.java#L337
.NET:
https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/blob/master/src/Lucene.Net.Core/Search/FieldCache.cs#L619

We could solve this by setting
Thread.CurrentThread.(CurrentCulture|CurrentUICulture) =
CultureInfo.InvariantCulture in LuceneTestCase.SetUp. Does this sound okay?

Doing the above culture hack results in 75 failures for me. That is
excluding the long-running tests. One of the failures is the
TestImpersonation that has no special attributes or anything to indicate
that it should not be run. I'll see if I can debug the errors further...

// Simon