From Prescott Nasser <prescott.nas...@hotmail.com>
Subject [Report] Lucene.Net
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 18:32:11 GMT
Apache Lucene.Net is a port of the Lucene search engine library, written in
C#  and targeted at .NET runtime users.

== Summary ==

As last reported, we were concerned with the stagnant nature of our PMC.
That concern is fading as we've seen a large uptick in community involvement
from both the current committers/PMC members as well as the greater community.

- Our website refresh has stalled, I will look to revive this over the next
quarter. We'd like to have a refresh with the 4.8.0 release

Pushing on 4.8.0.
- Approximately 30 commits in the last quarter to move our port along
- Currently we have ~80 failed failing tests to fix (down from ~120 last
report) as well
  as some additional libraries that help users make the most of Lucene.Net
  (Suggest, Analysis, Highlighters, QueryParser, Codecs and a few others)

== Crowdfunding ==

Previously we mentioned that one of our PMC members was looking to crowdfund
some of his development time. However, took up a new full time job while we
were sorting out some of the specifics. We currently have no knowledge of any
plans for this at this time

== Releases ==
Last Release 3.0.3 - Oct 2012 Working toward 4.8.0

== Statistics ==
Last PMC Member Added, Paul Irwin, October 2013 Two
committers added Jan '15 - Laimonas, Feb '15 - Wyatt

Nuget package downloads:
Lucene.Net 3.0.3: 160246 (up from 133926)
Lucene.Net.Contrib 3.0.3: 41550 (up from 34701)
Lucene.Net Contrib Spatial: 6123 (up from 4892)
Lucene.Net Contrib Spatial.NTS: 1239 (up from 1120)