From Wyatt Barnett <wyatt.barn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reproducing random test failures
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 13:59:39 GMT
Liamonas -- you should be all set, I just added
http://teamcity.codebetter.com/viewType.html?buildTypeId=LuceneNet_LuceneNetCoreFailingTests
which runs the core build with focused tests. Please ignore the build
number. Test category is more of a general setting for a build so there
isn't an easy checkbox to hit.

If it makes more sense to re-point that at your github repo just say the
word and I'll make it so.

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 8:10 PM Laimonas Simutis <laimis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wyatt,
>
> I have a branch pushed for this named "failingtests", it is now running a
> build on TC. Where does one specify which category of tests to run? I see
> in the settings tab "NUnit categories include/exclude" but don't see where
> to actually modify these values. The tests I would like to run belong to
> category "Focus" :) Do you know where to change this?
>
> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 10:49 AM, Wyatt Barnett <wyatt.barnett@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Good to hear I checked the right box.
> >
> > I'll see what I can pull together when I get home in terms of debug
> output.
> > In terms of testing procedure what I was thinking is we make a new
> category
> > -- call it "Focus" and then configure a build looking at your fork
> > filtering for just those tests. You can then push away, fire off remote
> > builds and check the output yourself.
> >
> > On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 8:50 PM Laimonas Simutis <laimis@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Wyatt,
> > >
> > > I see the new options on TC, thanks for that. I still haven't thought
> > about
> > > how I will go about capturing the failures exactly, but will give you a
> > > shout if I need some help with TC configuration just for those runs.
> > >
> > > If you can reproduce any of those test failures locally, do you mind
> > > running them in VERBOSE mode (debug build without any other changes
> will
> > > do), and emailing the console output that you get? I might be too
> > > optimistic, but perhaps something there will stand out.
> > >

> > > Thanks again!
> > >
> > > Laimis
> > >

> > > On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 8:18 AM, Wyatt Barnett <
> wyatt.barnett@gmail.com>

> http://teamcity.codebetter.com/project.html?projectId=LuceneNet&testNameId=-8365680837810961892&tab=testDetails

> > wyatt.barnett@gmail.com>

> laimis@gmail.com>