From Laimonas Simutis <lai...@gmail.com>
Subject Reproducing random test failures
Date Sat, 16 May 2015 19:06:50 GMT
There are three tests that consistently fail on TC but no matter how many
times I try, I can't reproduce it locally. These tests are:

TestFuzzyQuery.TestTieBreaker
http://teamcity.codebetter.com/viewLog.html?buildId=191298&tab=buildResultsDiv&buildTypeId=LuceneNet_Core#testNameId-6371662534320583798

TestSimpleExplanations.TestDMQ8
http://teamcity.codebetter.com/viewLog.html?buildId=191298&tab=buildResultsDiv&buildTypeId=LuceneNet_Core#testNameId5725706748293106127

TestTopDocsMerge.TestSort_2
http://teamcity.codebetter.com/viewLog.html?buildId=191298&tab=buildResultsDiv&buildTypeId=LuceneNet_Core#testNameId-8365680837810961892

I would fix them if I could reproduce it -- and I am running out of ideas
how to do it. Even if I put them in a loop running hundreds of times, I
can't trigger the failure.

Anyone have any ideas how to go about reproducing it? I am thinking to push
very verbose code in a separate branch that logs the input values / random
values that are used and see what happens. Checking if anyone has any other
suggestions.

Thanks,

Laimis