From Prescott Nasser <prescott.nas...@hotmail.com>
Subject [Report] Apache Lucene.Net
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 22:12:00 GMT
Apache Lucene.Net is a port of the Lucene search engine library, written in
C#  and targeted at .NET runtime users.

== Summary ==

As last reported, we were concerned with the stagnant nature of our PMC.
That concern is fading as we've seen a large uptick in community involvement
from both the current committers/PMC members as well as the greater community.

- Continuous Integration is now fully configured
- We're still looking at website refresh

Pushing hard on 4.8.0.
 - Approximately 200 commits in the last quarter to move our port along
 - 4 community members submitted patches to the port (who are not committers
   or PMC members)
 - Currently we have ~120 failing tests to fix, as well as some additional
   libraries that help users make the most of Lucene.Net (Suggest, Analysis,
   Highlighters, QueryParser, Codecs and a few others)
 - Mailing list messages are also on the up tick.

== Crowdfunding ==

One of our PMC members (Itamar Syn-Hershko), is working on launching a crowd
funding campaign to allow him to finalize the work he has been tirelessly
putting into the 4.8.0 release. The PMC is supportive of his efforts.

== Releases ==
Last Release 3.0.3 - Oct 2012
Working toward 4.8.0

== Statistics ==
Last PMC Member Added, Paul Irwin, October 2013
Two committers added Jan '15 - Laimonas Simutis, Feb '15 - Wyatt Barnett

Nuget package downloads:
Lucene.Net 3.0.3: 133926
Lucene.Net Contrib 3.0.3: 34701
Lucene.Net Contrib Spatial: 4892