From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FSDirectory and creating directory
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 12:44:29 GMT
On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 4:03 AM, Uwe Schindler <uschindler@apache.org> wrote:

> The question is now: Do we really intend to create the directory in Lucene 5 ? What about
opening an IndexReader on a non-existent directory on a read-only filesystem? I know that
Robert added this to make path.getRealPath() to work correctly?

> I just want to discuss this before we release 5.0. To me it sounds wrong to create the
directory in the constructor...

Please dont call this a bug until you understand why the change was
made. Please, read the behavior of getCanonicalPath and understand
exactly why and how it fails: and its this nonexistent case.