From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FSDirectory and creating directory
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 12:45:59 GMT
Personally, I am completely against changing this for 5.0

This is the worst possible thing you can do, it will trickle into more
bugs in lockfactory etc. Please don't make this last minute risky
change. it has no benefits and will only cause bugs.

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 7:44 AM, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 4:03 AM, Uwe Schindler <uschindler@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> The question is now: Do we really intend to create the directory in Lucene 5 ? What
about opening an IndexReader on a non-existent directory on a read-only filesystem? I know
that Robert added this to make path.getRealPath() to work correctly?

>> I just want to discuss this before we release 5.0. To me it sounds wrong to create
the directory in the constructor...