From Laimonas Simutis <lai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Core tests
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 11:54:14 GMT
I am looking currently at the failures in
Lucene.Net.Index.TestBinaryDocValuesUpdates and found the culprits. The
offending class is this one:

https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/blob/master/src/Lucene.Net.Core/Index/BufferedUpdates.cs

First fix is easy, remove the ; that got in there by mistake on line 285.
The second issue is that in Lucene this class is using LinkedHashMap
structure. During the port, a HashMap was used instead which breaks certain
behaviors. Key feature of the LinkedHashMap that Lucene is relying on
appears to be the fact that the order of insertions is reflected in the
iteration of the values. You can see the failure if you run
the TestUpdatesOrder class.

Has anyone dealt with LinkedHashMap before in .NET? Any implementation
suggestions / pointers?

Due to the nature of this bug, it might be affecting more than just the
tests in BinaryDocValuesUpdates.