From "Chris Anderson (OSG)" <ch...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Core tests
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 17:49:50 GMT
I have also been looking into the tests in Lucene.Net.Index and have a few fixes pushed to
master. This is my first time checking in changes with GIT and I am unclear if I did it correctly.
:-)

Change 1
/src/Lucene.Net.Tests/core/Index/TestIndexWriterExceptions.cs

Change 2
/src/Lucene.Net.Core/Index/IndexWriterConfig.cs
/src/Lucene.Net.Tests/core/Index/TestIndexWriterConfig.cs

Today I hope to make some progress in
Lucene.Next.Index.TestIndexWriterReader

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Laimonas Simutis [mailto:laimis@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 3, 2015 3:54 AM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: Re: Core tests

I am looking currently at the failures in Lucene.Net.Index.TestBinaryDocValuesUpdates and
found the culprits. The offending class is this one:

https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/blob/master/src/Lucene.Net.Core/Index/BufferedUpdates.cs

First fix is easy, remove the ; that got in there by mistake on line 285.
The second issue is that in Lucene this class is using LinkedHashMap structure. During the
port, a HashMap was used instead which breaks certain behaviors. Key feature of the LinkedHashMap
that Lucene is relying on appears to be the fact that the order of insertions is reflected
in the iteration of the values. You can see the failure if you run the TestUpdatesOrder class.

Has anyone dealt with LinkedHashMap before in .NET? Any implementation suggestions / pointers?

Due to the nature of this bug, it might be affecting more than just the tests in BinaryDocValuesUpdates.