From Hakeem Mohammed <hakeemo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 4.x Stories to be picked up
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 13:41:43 GMT
They have used the classwriter and Genadaptor to generate types from
bytecode. So the design is string expressions are tokenized, bytecodes were
genned from the tokenized byte arrays and then the asm library was used to
create java classes out of the bytecode. They probably did it that way
because the generated types needed to be subclassed from the Expression
type. We could use Reflection.Emit instead. But do let me know if you have
any other ideas

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 11:37 PM, Itamar Syn-Hershko <itamar@code972.com>
wrote:

> It is an overkill. What did they use asm for? All you need to port
> Expressions is Antlr really
>
> --
>
> Itamar Syn-Hershko
> Freelance Developer & Consultant
>
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Hakeem Mohammed <hakeemosrc@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Yes the Java impl is using Antlr already, but they also used the asm
> > library. That is where I'm debating whether to use Expression trees or go
> > for Roslyn. The latter looks like a bit of overkill though
> >
> > On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Itamar Syn-Hershko <itamar@code972.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, the tokenizer implementations
> > >
> > > --