From Hakeem Mohammed <hakeemo...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Lucene.Net 4.x
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2015 19:41:21 GMT
Hello,

I've been working on the 4.x branch of Lucene and completely upgraded the
core and wrapping the Index test cases. Michael Herndon, who has the 4x
branch suggested reaching out to this distribution list to coordinate my
work with the community. I'd very much appreciate it if anyone can check
out my fork and let me know what the plans are going forward.

My github repo is https://github.com/hakeemsm/lucene.net/tree/branch_4x

Thanks a lot!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: michael herndon <mherndon@michaelherndon.com>
Date: Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 6:16 PM
Subject: Re: Lucene.Net 4.x
To: Hakeem Mohammed <hakeemosrc@gmail.com>

Hi Hakeem,

I suggest sending forwarding this e-mail to lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org.
The 4x branch has been merged into the master branch and is actively being
worked on by the community.  The apache group is looking for help into
releasing a compatible version of Lucene.Net for 4.8.  Whatever work has
been done will need to be coordinated on that list.

I appreciate the work and look forward to your contributions to the
community.

Cheers,
Michael