From Wyatt Barnett <wyatt.barn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [TeamCity, FAILED] Build Lucene.NET :: Lucene.NET Core #105
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 04:30:01 GMT
I toyed around with some things, I think an approach like:

* building a long running test attribute (eg
https://github.com/wwb/lucenenet/commit/71d299e1ce05abc6eeb713a51ec1d427ea6f1cfe
)
* configuring the teamcity tests to run in 2 rounds based on category.
* affixing that to any tests that we want to skip with the attribute

The main question is what should the timing be -- TeamCity has a report on
that, see
http://teamcity.codebetter.com/viewLog.html?buildId=179981&buildTypeId=LuceneNet_Core&tab=testsInfo
[click login as guest when you hit the login screen] for a report on how
long tests are taking. What do folks think is appropriate to use as the
cut-off?

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 10:18 PM, Laimonas Simutis <laimis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Quick update from my end on this:
>
> I have narrowed down what the offending conditions are that makes the tests
> run a long time. Just sent a PR that will disable them while I am working
> on a fix. That way as you guys said, we will have a feedback loop alive
> from CI.
>
> I would recommend pulling it first before any other PRs and let CI run the
> tests after it is committed to the master. This way we know what is the
> latest baseline is since a lot of failing tests in 42/45 codecs were fixed.
>
> As far as what is going on with the LogByteSizeMergePolicy, most of the
> details are in the PR (https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/63). More
> specificaly,
>
> https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/blob/master/src/Lucene.Net.Core/Index/MergePolicy.cs#L684
> and something with UseCompoundFile check at the end of the method.
>
> Hopefully I figure it out soon and we can bring the LogByteSizeMergePolicy
> back into the picture.
>

> Laimis
>

> On Mon Jan 26 2015 at 11:38:56 AM Itamar Syn-Hershko <itamar@code972.com>
> wrote:
>
> > They are using JUnit and tightly integrate with carrotsearch's excellent
> > randomizedtesting framework, which I'd like to bring in as soon as we
> have
> > all tests green
> >
> > I had a chat with Dawid Weiss from carrot and they themselves integrate
> > with NUnit with IKVM compiled stuff, so I guess NUnit does work for them.
> > But I'm feeling uncomfortable with it for Lucene.NET for too long now.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Itamar Syn-Hershko
> > Freelance Developer & Consultant
> > Lucene.NET committer and PMC member
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 6:34 PM, Wyatt Barnett <wyatt.barnett@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Well I would start at inheriting from a CategoryAttribute rather than
> an
> > > ExplicitAttribute as that will at least run :)
> > >
> > > Anyone have any insights into how the java team is running their tests?
> > >
> > > On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Itamar Syn-Hershko <
> itamar@code972.com

> > > https://github.com/nunit/nunitv2/blob/52747af4f3e7923e141730f7e0bd4d
> > e4211fb668/src/NUnitCore/core/NUnitFramework.cs#L268

> [...]
96).