From Itamar Syn-Hershko <ita...@code972.com>
Subject Re: People working on core's tests
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2015 19:50:29 GMT
Hi Chris, thanks for the late intro email :)

We are happy to have you on board. Just so you know, I have been in contact
with MS Open Tech to try and get some help from them. If you want to try
and push that angle a bit more, you are more than welcome.

Lucene.NET core, if you ignore the codecs part (which maybe you could), is
almost ready for stability testing. If you focus on the non-codec tests,
that should get us there quickly. Then you may find some subprojects
contain more stuff that you need (like the Analysis part), and most
sub-project haven't been ported completely yet.

For what's it worth, I'm trying to find ways to allow myself to dedicate
more time on this project. Being a freelancer its a bit challenging to
dedicate full days and weeks on an OSS project. I posted about this here:
http://code972.com/blog/2015/01/79-lucene-nets-new-future-and-status-update
and will probably go and actively look for sponsors soon.

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant