From Itamar Syn-Hershko <ita...@code972.com>
Subject Re: Lucene.Net 4.x
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2015 22:22:03 GMT
Hi Hakeem,

Happy to have you on board

Unfortunately, the 4x branch you were working off is based on an earlier
version of Lucene and has been stale for quite a while. Work has progressed
on the master branch towards a release of Lucene.NET 4.8. See:
https://github.com/apache/lucenenet

Current state of affairs is that we have about 350 failing tests (out of
~2200) and we are working hard on making them all pass. Then we are looking
at porting more sub-projects (like the Analysis, Suggest etc) including
their own tests.

If you could get the latest sources from there and see what you can help us
with - be it investigating failing tests or doing some porting work on
other bits we haven't ported yet - that'd be great.

Let us know on this list if you have any questions.

Thanks!

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant