From Laimonas Simutis <lai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [TeamCity, FAILED] Build Lucene.NET :: Lucene.NET Core #105
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 03:18:16 GMT
Quick update from my end on this:

I have narrowed down what the offending conditions are that makes the tests
run a long time. Just sent a PR that will disable them while I am working
on a fix. That way as you guys said, we will have a feedback loop alive
from CI.

I would recommend pulling it first before any other PRs and let CI run the
tests after it is committed to the master. This way we know what is the
latest baseline is since a lot of failing tests in 42/45 codecs were fixed.

As far as what is going on with the LogByteSizeMergePolicy, most of the
details are in the PR (https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/63). More
specificaly,
https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/blob/master/src/Lucene.Net.Core/Index/MergePolicy.cs#L684
and something with UseCompoundFile check at the end of the method.

Hopefully I figure it out soon and we can bring the LogByteSizeMergePolicy
back into the picture.

Laimis

On Mon Jan 26 2015 at 11:38:56 AM Itamar Syn-Hershko <itamar@code972.com>
wrote:

> They are using JUnit and tightly integrate with carrotsearch's excellent
> randomizedtesting framework, which I'd like to bring in as soon as we have
> all tests green
>
> I had a chat with Dawid Weiss from carrot and they themselves integrate
> with NUnit with IKVM compiled stuff, so I guess NUnit does work for them.
> But I'm feeling uncomfortable with it for Lucene.NET for too long now.
>
> --
>
> Itamar Syn-Hershko
> Freelance Developer & Consultant
> Lucene.NET committer and PMC member
>
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 6:34 PM, Wyatt Barnett <wyatt.barnett@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Well I would start at inheriting from a CategoryAttribute rather than an
> > ExplicitAttribute as that will at least run :)
> >
> > Anyone have any insights into how the java team is running their tests?
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Itamar Syn-Hershko <itamar@code972.com
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > FYI
> > >

> > https://github.com/nunit/nunitv2/blob/52747af4f3e7923e141730f7e0bd4d
> e4211fb668/src/NUnitCore/core/NUnitFramework.cs#L268
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Itamar Syn-Hershko
> > > http://code972.com | @synhershko <https://twitter.com/synhershko>
> > > Freelance Developer & Consultant
> > > Lucene.NET committer and PMC member
> > >
> > > On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 6:28 PM, Wyatt Barnett <
> wyatt.barnett@gmail.com>

> what

> > itamar@code972.com

> > > tests