From Guido Tagliavini Ponce <t-gu...@microsoft.com>
Subject Issue selecting commits for pull request
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 23:53:23 GMT
Hi devs,

This mail is not about lucenenet specifically but about a problem I'm having with Git. I have
already forked lucenenet's master branch, and worked on my own branch. Over the development
process, some changes I made where reviewed by Itamar, and some of those where regarded as
NOCOMMITs. Now, I want to do a PR from my branch to the master (Apache's one), but only with
the "good" changes. Using cherry-pick seems promising, but I have a problem with that: Some
commits include "good" and "bad" changes, so I cannot completely discard those. To solve this
I could do another commit, changing the "bad" part, and include both commits in the pull request.
Anyway, I don't know if this is the standard procedure to solve this kind of issues. Could
someone tell me what is the best or standard way to do it?

A final question about PRing: Do I have to pull request from my branch to my own master, and
then from the latter to Apache's master? Or should I do it directly from my branch to Apache's
master?

Best regards,

Guido