From Guido Tagliavini Ponce <t-gu...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Can any developer tell me what's going on about Lucene.NET?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 22:21:32 GMT
Hi,

My name is Guido Tagliavini and I'm a software engineer intern at Microsoft. With Chris Anderson,
a long time software engineer working on search engines at Microsoft, we are interested in
improving Lucene.NET's core. At the moment we are trying to make all the core's tests work.
You can check the progress we've made at

https://github.com/guidotag/lucenenet/tree/ms-branch

Best regards,

Guido

-----Original Message-----
From: itamar.synhershko@gmail.com [mailto:itamar.synhershko@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Itamar
Syn-Hershko
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2015 11:50 PM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can any developer tell me what's going on about Lucene.NET?

Obviously, it stopped because there was no one doing actual work on it..

We are now working on porting Java Lucene 4.8.0 and showing nice progress.
See here: https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/tree/master

We can use any help we can get in either getting the tests to all green (about 250 left in
the core, out of 2300 or so), or finish porting sub-projects like:

https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/tree/master/src/Lucene.Net.Suggest
https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/tree/master/src/Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common
https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/tree/master/src/Lucene.Net.Codecs

And their tests