From Guido Tagliavini Ponce <t-gu...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: People working on core's tests
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2015 18:34:08 GMT
It's good to hear we are on the same track, Laimonas! Hope you fix that one soon.

A couple of days ago, I finished with a bug in Lucene.Net.Store, and there are a couple left
there, so those are the ones I'm going to work on next. I'll also tell via this list every
new group of tests I move on to.

Any other one working on the tests?

Guido

-----Original Message-----
From: Laimonas Simutis [mailto:laimis@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2015 6:58 PM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: Re: People working on core's tests

Guido,

I am one of the devs working on them. My focus has been on the tests that you can find in
Lucene.Net.Codecs.Lucene4x namespaces. Each version of codec implementation had a lot of failures
but it is down to ~20 failing tests across the board. The progress has been impeded a bit
by LogByteSizeMergePolicy issue which you can read all about in the mailing list, as well
as here: https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/63. That is what I am looking at next: why
does LogByteSizeMergePolicy results in never ending merges.

Once I am finished with LogByteSizeMergePolicy fix (I hope I find the culprit!), not sure
what I will tackle next. I usually do a couple of full test runs locally, gather logs to identify
the next area that has a lot of failures and just go at it. I will make sure to announce on
the list when I do and will keep an eye on for the activity of others.

Laimonas