From "Chris Anderson (OSG)" <ch...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: People working on core's tests
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2015 01:16:48 GMT
Hello

Guido already knows me (he is just down the hall from my office) but I wanted to take this
time to introduce myself a bit and explain why we are reaching out to people.

We have a fairly tight deadline to migrate our older outdated version of Lucene to this latest
and greatest version. Our production servers host billions of documents and there are many
teams that rely on this every day. Fortunately for us, more partners are onboarding and pushing
more data into our index. Unfortunately things are slowing down and this makes our customers
unhappy. Our hope is that the new version will have enough perf improvements for us to slow
the relentless tide of data. Any help on tracking down these bugs would be greatly appreciated.

For me, I have been working at Microsoft now for 20 years, 7 of them on Bing search. Most
recently I worked with a very small team to grow the Bing index by nearly 10x. It was a very
challenging and fun project and I hope to bring some of my learnings to contribute into Lucene.

Thanks
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Guido Tagliavini Ponce [mailto:t-gupon@microsoft.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2015 6:20 PM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: People working on core's tests

Hi devs,

For the ones that don't remember, I'm part of a Microsoft's team working on Lucene.Net core's
tests. We'd like to know if there is somebody else working on them and, if so, on which ones.

Having a reliable version of Lucene.Net is our core priority. So if anyone wants to contribute
to the project, any help on fixing these bugs will be very appreciated!

Best regards,

Guido