From Rob Vesse <rve...@dotnetrdf.org>
Subject Re: Draft Board Report
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 15:06:04 GMT
Yes people can be committers without being PMC members.  And as I already
noted the opposite can be true, people can be on the PMC without ever
committing

Beyond the official role being on the PMC is a higher level of privilege
and recognition from the project.  That being said no-one can force you to
be on the PMC if you don't want to.

If you don't wish to be on the PMC you can simply choose to resign by
emailing the dev list - http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#emeritus - in
this case there is no requirement for the project to notify the board and
the resignation takes effect as soon as you've sent your email.  The PMC
Chair (Prescott) just needs to do a couple of things to remove you from
the official listing of the PMC which are noted in the above link

Rob