From Rob Vesse <rve...@dotnetrdf.org>
Subject Re: Draft Board Report
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 14:10:56 GMT
There is generally no harm in having PMC members who don't show up so to
speak

Most Apache votes (e.g. release votes) purely require consensus (more +1
than 0/-1) sometimes with a minimum +1 count (3 in the case of releases)
so having someone who is inactive on the PMC should rarely if ever be an
issue unless you've written the project bylaws to require % majority votes
on some actions (which is unusual and generally not recommended)

Projects I'm involved at at Apache have large PMCs of which only 2/3
members are actively coding, another 2/3 only answer questions and there
are several others who haven't done anything in a long time but remain on
the PMC regardless as it doesn't do the project any harm and as noted
unless the person explicitly asks to leave it is difficult to remove them
without a strong reason to do so

Rob