From Wyatt Barnett <wyatt.barn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up the CI pipeline
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 17:15:17 GMT
I'm more of a whiskey guy myself but beer works :)

I ran into that problem too, it completely melted resharper's test runner
which took down visual studio. Luckily I've done this to myself a time or
four.

The current CI setup is running in release mode -- this could probably back
off to debug mode and get the verbose logs but I'm not sure about the
signal to noise ratio here -- this one generates so much stuff that it is
hard to know what is going on to be honest. In terms of flipping this on
what probably makes more sense than:

* getting a repo stood up that people could tactically commit to (CI sees
*only* committed changes remember)
* getting a job setup looking at that repo
* flipping that around to point to personal repos as required

Is probably a bit more difficult than setting up a visual studio "mode"
that triggers the verbose test mode for folks to interactively debug. That
is fairly easy to setup once we settle on behavior of the tests. So if
VERBOSE_TEST_LOGGING is in I can get that worked in for ya.

I'll add that if we trigger it based on something like that it is pretty
easy to introduce a configuration flag into the build tactically if we need
to see what it is doing in a neutral environment.