From Prescott Nasser <prescott.nas...@hotmail.com>
Subject [Report] Apache Lucene.Net - Dec 2014
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 21:48:45 GMT
Apache Lucene.Net is a port of the Lucene search engine library, written in C#
and targeted at .NET runtime users.

== Summary ==

The PMC has recognized we have become stagnant and have not had a release in
two years. We are actively working towards rebuilding and re-invigorating the
community.

Cleaning up our PMC processes:
 - We realized several PMC members were not on the private mailing list
 - There was a typo in the moderation account for the mailing list
   that wasn't realized
 - We had a roll call and all PMC members are now present and accounted for
 - Last PMC Member Added, Paul Irwin, October 2013

Working on our community / tooling:
 - We're actively brainstorming how to create better documentation around
   getting started with Lucene.Net as a developer, and getting invovled
   as a committer
 - With the help of our community members and some free licensing, we are
   in the process of setting up a CI system for our tests
 - We're looking at possibly pulling in questions from stackoverflow to the
   mailing list to expand visibility of those questions to the mailing list
   and hopefully spur conversation (SO questions look like 1 per 1-2 days
   or so at most)
 - Looking at a website refresh to go along with the documentation

Pushing hard on 4.8.0.
 - We were provided a contribution from MSFT over the summer of a significant
   code port of the 4.8.0 Java code. We have been working to clean that up.
   Currently we have 300 failing tests to fix, as well as some additional
   libraries that help users make the most of Lucene.Net (encoding codecs and
   contrib extensions)

We could use any advice or assistance on the above to help us build / rebuild our
community.

== Releases ==
Last Release 3.0.3 - Oct 2012
Working toward 4.8.0