From Wyatt Barnett <wyatt.barn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up the CI pipeline
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2014 21:13:46 GMT
So, after the 2nd day of watching the tests just spin I decided that a
little visibility might make sense as something just was not adding up -- I
expected some failing tests, and some long-running tests but there just
ain't enough data here to keep something running for 8+ hours.

Anyhow, I stood up VS and the debugger and started looking into things and
I found that I was hitting at least one infiinte loop dealing with
randomized values -- specifically at
https://github.com/apache/lucene.net/blob/master/src/Lucene.Net.TestFramework/Index/BasePostingsFormatTestCase.cs#L394
;

Anyhow, I'm not sure how to proceed here as if we want test automation the
tests need to run through in a reasonable amount of time but I don't know
enough about the project to know what should run or not. One thought would
be to use nunit timeout attributes (
http://www.nunit.org/index.php?p=timeout&r=2.5) to constrain things. If so
what is a reasonable timeout?

I'm quite open to other, non kludgy thoughts too . . .