From Wyatt Barnett <wyatt.barn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branch Status? branch_4x vs master
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:41:24 GMT
Hi Paul -- working on getting stuff cleaned up but you can look at
https://github.com/wwb/lucene.net to see what I have been doing. Probably
the easiest global trick would be to add [assembly: Timeout(20000)] in the
Test project's assemblyinfo.cs file -- it will hard cap every test at 20
seconds which is the happy medium, there are perhaps a half dozen that get
clipped by that and part of the cleanup operation was to fix those.

If you are looking for hanging tests look for [Explicit()] attributes -- I
used those to mark the hanging tests as I went. In cases where I had
narrowed down some causality I tried to note that in the comment in said
attribute. Overall one thing I did notice is that there is a pretty big
problem with the TestHelper's Random() class that blows up many, many
tests. That would be a really good place to start on fixing things as it is
used heavily.

No, I haven't got the CLA squared away -- where should I start?