From Itamar Syn-Hershko <ita...@code972.com>
Subject Re: Setting up the CI pipeline
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2014 16:59:24 GMT
Inline

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 6:53 PM, Wyatt Barnett <wyatt.barnett@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks. I registered at CodeBetter.com under wwb. Is there any
> documentation on their TeamCity setup or someone who I can reach out to
> regarding questions about the build environment?

I'm asking around, will let you know

> Thanks for the rundown -- things sound pretty straightforward and doable.
> One thing we'll need to think a bit a bout is how do we want to manage the
> git branching strategy to best integrate with TeamCity and best automate
> the release cycle. Doing things like constantly building a "trunk" and
> releasing based on tags are very doable.

Are you familiar with https://github.com/ParticularLabs/GitVersion ? I'll
be interested in adopting this to our process.

> I've grabbed the code, looks like things are pretty clean in terms of being
> able to build and run cleanly. One question --  I started running the test
> suite, it appears to execute about 80% successfully. I'm presuming this is
> because we are still porting 4.8.0 here and is expected behavior. Please
> confirm.

Yes, we still have some failing tests. The hope is to also utilize
TeamCity's reports to measure the affects of internal changes we make
faster.

> I'll take a few stabs at a build cycle over the next few days and see what
> I can shake out.

Thanks!