From Itamar Syn-Hershko <ita...@code972.com>
Subject Re: Setting up the CI pipeline
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2014 16:06:04 GMT
Thanks Wyatt

Can you please register at http://teamcity.codebetter.com/ and send me your
user name (privately if you prefer)?

Please use the master branch of our Apache git git://
git.apache.org/lucene.net.git - or the mirror at
https://github.com/apache/lucene.net (would rather you use the original one
to avoid delays)

The way I see it is this:
* Lucene.Net.TestFramework compiles and generates a nuget package
* Lucene.Net.Core and Lucene.Net.Tests compiles, taking dependency on
Lucene.Net.TestFramework
* Lucene.Net.Tests is run and if successful versions the build and
generates nuget on the local feed (we also have a MyGet account to work
with)
* Same process to all sub-projects: Lucene.Net.Queries for example:
  * Compile
  * Compile Lucene.Net.Tests.Queries
  * Run tests from Lucene.Net.Tests.Queries (take dependency on
Lucene.Net.TestFramework)
  * Create nuget for Lucene.Net.Queries
* Every sub-project should be re-compiled and tests re-run if the projects
it depends on have changed (you can probably separate the cases by defining
watch folders under src\)

We can then iterate from there.

I updated the README to explain the new structure
https://github.com/apache/lucene.net/blob/master/README.md#files - let me
know if you have any questions.

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko