From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Lucene.NET Codebetter Teamcity Setup
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2014 05:54:08 GMT
I hope you guys don't mind, moving this to dev mailing list

Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 20:40:42 -0500
Subject: Re: Lucene.NET Codebetter Teamcity Setup
From: wyatt.barnett@gmail.com
To: geobmx540@hotmail.com
CC: maarten.balliauw@jetbrains.com; itamar@code972.com

Sorry, I managed to clip control enter and sent that one half-done, wonky keyboard on this
laptop I borrowed.
Taking it from the top:
I'll let Maarten weigh in officially but generally yes. The teamcity front-end server that
we talk to is effectively unlimited outside of disk space but there are a limited number of
build agents. 5 for the whole server, 2 pools of 2 and 3 each. Build agents are single-threaded
so stuff like our multi-hour test run -- it seems like Lucene.Net.Codecs.Compressing.TestCompressingTermVectorsFormat.BaseTermVectorsFormatTestCase.TestClone
is a doozey taking upwards of 3 hours so far on our test setup. We are probably going to want
to look at dividing long-running and short tests at least and picking our spots for the long-running
variety.

I'll let Maarten weigh in officially but generally yes. The teamcity front-end server that
we talk to is effectively unlimited outside of disk space but there are a limited number of
build agents. 5 for the whole server, 2 pools of 2 and 3 each. Build agents are single-threaded
so stuff like our multi-hour test run -- it seems like Lucene.Net.Codecs.Compressing.TestCompressingTermVectorsFormat.BaseTermVectorsFormatTestCase.TestClone
Yes -- look at the agents tab, there are a limited number of build agents.