From Prad Nelluru <prn...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Introducing myself
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 22:05:13 GMT
Hi Itamar and Prescott,

I've signed the ICLA and sent it to Apache. I'm unsure how long it'll take for all that be
approved and done.

I'm going to start sending changes to the GitHub mirror using the following process:
1. I'll make a fork of the repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene.net
2. I'll make changes and commit them
3. I'll send a pull request once I’m done with a specific set of changes
4. At this point, one of the committers like Itamar will merge the changes in.

Does this sound good? I'm new to Git and am a little unsure how the mirroring between GitHub
and Apache's git server works. I'm assuming that once changes are made to the GitHub, they
will be sent to Apache soon thereafter.

I'll start sending the changes as I make them.

Thanks for the warm welcome,
Prad

-----Original Message-----
From: itamar.synhershko@gmail.com [mailto:itamar.synhershko@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Itamar
Syn-Hershko
Sent: Saturday, September 6, 2014 12:42 PM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: Re: Introducing myself

Hi, thanks for taking over this.

I have literally just merged Russell's, Prescott's and my changes to the master branch of
the main repo for this project. That'd be git:// git.apache.org/lucene.net.git with a mirror
at https://github.com/apache/lucene.net (note the mirror has some mirroring latency).

I'm going to post more details about this in another thread, but in short:
I was able to fix many tests but still quite a few remaining. We will be happy to receive
more help from you and your team, but please if you could sign the ICLA asap so we can merge
your changes in quickly.

I'm also working on tests and other areas, but that shouldn't stop you.
Please make sure you commit to a fork with clear and concise commit messages, and then we
could just merge your changes in as they come.

So in short: please fork the Apache Lucene.NET repo and work off the master branch, work on
fixing whatever tests you want, and send pull requests to either my branch or here: https://github.com/apache/lucene.net/pulls.

Thanks again and welcome.

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko