From Itamar Syn-Hershko <ita...@code972.com>
Subject Re: Lucene.NET 4.8.0 status update
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 15:28:47 GMT
This sounds very good. I'm holding off on this effort for a bit now as we
are awaiting clearance on some CLA issue we have with the contributed code.
I hope this will get clarified ASAP and we could merge the code in.

You are more than welcome to take the code from here
https://github.com/synhershko/lucene.net/tree/Lucene.Net_4.8.0 and start
digging into some of the failing tests,I could definitely use some help
with fixing them

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Rahul Singh (ANANT) <rahul.singh@anant.us>
wrote:

> Gentlemen,
>
> Thanks for the great work on porting the latest Lucene. I have been working
> with the binary builds of Lucene.NET and after digging deep into the latest
> Java versions.
>
> I was thinking of contributing in the following ways :
>
> 1. Better documentation / examples / etc.
> 2. Regression Testing / Integration Testing
> 3. Bug Fixes
> 4. Anything else.
>
> I wanted to get involved earlier but it's been a busy summer of work.
>
> Rahul
>

> Rahul Singh | Internet Architect & Partner
>
> To empower people through the Internet to create a better world.
>
> How are we doing? Please take our survey
> <http://links.anant.us/customerfeedbacksurvey>
>
> Anant | http://anant.us
> 1010 Wisconsin Ave NW, Suite 250
> Washington, D.C. 20007
>
> o 1.855.ANANTCO x101 | m 202.905.2818 | t @xingh
> <http://www.twitter.com/xingh> | li xingh <
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/xingh> |
> fb rahul.singh <http://www.facebook.com/rahul.singh>
>
> *This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended
> represent those of Anant Corporation .  If you are not the intended
> recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its
> contents, nor copy or show it to anyone.  Please contact the sender if you
> believe you have received this email in error.*
>

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Itamar Syn-Hershko <itamar@code972.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Awesome. I'm still making progress on fixing tests on my branch, so make
> > sure you rebase every now and then.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Itamar Syn-Hershko
> > Freelance Developer & Consultant
> > Author of RavenDB in Action <http://manning.com/synhershko/>
> >

> > On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 8:46 PM, Simon Svensson <sisve@devhost.se>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I got mentally preoccupied by work once again...
> > >
> > > I've forked the code and see the failing tests. Some tests seems to
> > > randomly hang, guessing due to the thread-lock-issues mentioned
> > previously.
> > > There are a few failing tests which targets easier areas, like
> > > query-parsing/objects. I will take a look at those issues to get
> familiar
> > > with everything. (Hopefully also fixing something...)
> > >
> > > // Simon

> > repo

> > some
> > Lucene.Net.Highlighter