From michael herndon <mhern...@michaelherndon.com>
Subject Re: Lucene.net 4.8.0
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 03:12:53 GMT
Its a continuation of an older experimental effort attempting to offering a
portable class library version of Lucene.Net.

Branches Lucene.Net_4e  and Lucene.Net.WP7 were put on hold as portable
projects that targeted WP7 would have required significant amounts of work,
including recreating a significant part of System.Threading.

The PCL branch was meant to be to the continuation of that effort that was
brought up again in the thread labeled, Windows RT / WP8 Version, almost a
year ago.

I started using the PCL branch with experimental items to avoid cluttering
branch_4x.

  * Lucene 5.0 code
  * Vnext projects that build PCL, K10, .NET 4.5.1 binaries.
  * newer build scripts that will be easier to manage.
  * stubbing out a nightly build strategy.
  * experimenting writing docs with markdown.
  * cleaning up warnings, code analytics, and adding code documentation and
documenting code intent.